Friday, September 14, 2012

My Digital Life


I believe no one would doubt that technology has been playing an important role in our daily life. (Or say, ‘our daily life’ should actually become ‘our daily digital life’ right?). Day by day, we, humans, are attaching even more importance to technology. Electronic gadgets are ubiquitous. Walking down the street, you can easily spot smartphones like iPhone and Samsung Galaxy SII around you. I, myself, am also one of those tech addicts.


Here are some social networking websites on which I have accounts:
- Facebook (Add me as a friend if you’d like to: https://www.facebook.com/IvanJF)
- Instagram (Follow me for more photos of my daily life: @crazeater)
- Twitter (Follow me as you wish: https://twitter.com/ivanlaucw)


I’m fond of using those social networking sites a lot, because I just love sharing with others things happening around me, especially about food. The websites allow me to keep in touch with my friends as well. Reading others’ status can make my day sometimes. I really can’t imagine my days without those sites now. So, one cannot deny the convenience the internet brings us (I’m sure you won’t deny it either).

For this blog, it has been created to delve into the use of new media writing (of course, I’m taking a course about this). I just hope that I can learn more about how people, including you, make use of social media and, in the meantime, write when using new technologies. My aim is simple but I’m pretty sure hard work is needed. (Maybe you should leave some comments below so I can see how you use a language on the Net?)

By the way, let me share with you one website that interests me (as well as you, hopefully). This site is called PRexamples, http://prexamples.com/. A great number of PR campaigns along with comments regard them can be found there. PR companies are relying more on the use of social media like Facebook as the technology advances. By looking at websites like PRexamples, you can surely understand how PR agencies utilize technology to promote a product or solve a crisis. I hope you enjoy it. :)

Last of all, thanks so much for visiting my blog and hope you will continue coming!

Instagram logo - http://www.instagram.com/
Twitter logo - http://twitter.com/




2 comments:

  1. hey man, one of ur pic cant be seen XP
    I do not know if I would like to share all my digital account with ppl as u do. I want to protect my online privacy.

    What ur opinion towards privacy issue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i'm also surprised that you share all your information on the blog!

    ReplyDelete